The simplicity of true pulse and tongue diagnosis in classical Chinese medicine
18 - 19.04.2020
Dr. Li Jie
Due to the long history of Chinese medicine and different interpretations, pulse and tongue diagnosis has become a very complex practice, especially in the West. The pulse and tongue diagnosis of CCM, on the other hand, is not difficult to learn, but it’s also not easy to teach. In this seminar, Dr. Li Jie will present the original CCM pulse and tongue diagnosis in a simplified and clinically easy-to-use version.
Mai Zhen (pulse diagnosis) and She Xiang (tongue pictures) have always been very important factors for CCM practitioners. In the Huang Di Nei Jing it is said that the acupuncturist should perform pulse diagnosis on the patient before needling and then conceive the treatment according to the state of the Qi. Also in the works of Zhang Zhong Jing, the Shang Han Lun and Jin Gui Yao Lue, the differentiation of pulses is described.
In this seminar, Dr. Li Jie will present the original CCM pulse and tongue diagnosis in a simplified and clinically easy-to-use version.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Feeling the depth of the pulse in any position. Differentiation between the five levels of the five Zang pulses. Understanding the clinical manifestations of the five Zang pulses according to the classical Nan Jing system.
- Introduction to the nature of the Yin Yang and Wu Xing pulses and the Qi mechanism of the Liu Jing according to the Huang Di Nei Jing, Nan Jing and Shang Han Lun.
- Introduction of tongue pictures according to the Huang Di Nei Jing, Nan Jing and Shang Han Lun.
- The 10 pulses according to the Nan Jing and Shang Han Lun: 'Huan (Chi), Xiao, Se, Chen, Duan; Ji (Shuo Dong), Da, Hua, Fu, Chang.' Pulses as a guide to clinical practice.
- Introduction of methods and mechanisms for the use of pulse and tongue information for prescribing classic herbal formulas and acupuncture point combinations. Prognosis and evaluating treatments with pulse and tongue information.
- Discussion of case histories.
The aim of this training course is to master true CCM pulse and tongue diagnosis and its application in clinical practice.
Course language: English
Dr. Li Jie
Prof. Dr. Li Jie was made a professor at Shan Dong TCM University in China. He has lectured internationally and across Europe and has been a regular speaker at the TCM Congress in Rothenburg (Germany) since 1998. Dr. Li Jie is a board member of the World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies (WFCMS) Examination Board. In October 2016, he was Vice President of the Committee for External Treatment Methods and Technologies (WFCMS). In November 2017, he was elected to the board of the WFCMS International Working Committee. He is director of the European Department for "Legacy of Traditional Chinese Medicine of China's Qi Lu National School for Complex Diseases". Dr. Li Jie also has a doctoral degree in Western Medicine. He has been concentrating on Classical Chinese Medicine (CCM) for more than 20 years. He is one of the founders of the Qing Bai Academy in Holland and is educational director of the TOMO TCM College in Poland. Dr. Li Jie has been writing columns for the Dutch acupuncture magazine Huang Ti for more than 6 years .
Information ABOUT THE SeminarS
Our seminars take place from 09:00 to 17:00 (unless otherwise stated). Starting at 08:30 there will be coffee and croissants available for participants. Lunch time is from 12:30-13:30, and lunch is included.
For each seminar day, 7 training hours of 60 minutes will be awarded (unless otherwise stated).
LIAN CHINAHERB AG, Fürtistrasse 7, 8832 Wollerau, Switzerland
In order to cover LIAN's expenses for the preparation of courses (administration, reservations, fees, etc.), we have to apply the following rules regarding the cancellation of booked courses:
- For cancellations or changes to bookings before the start of the course, a processing fee of CHF 50.- will be charged. Course fees already paid will be refunded less the processing fee.
- If the course has already begun, refund of the course fee is not possible. Reimbursement of fees is only possible for health reasons, or in emergencies.
Thank you for your understanding.